Windows Modules Installer is a common process that is used to keep your Windows Components up to date. Windows Modules is related to your Windows System updates which works automatically to update the Components like drivers, System Updates and detection of Broken codes/Files.
Many people are confused as to what exactly the Work of Windows Modules Installer is and why is the process (TiWorker.exe) is running in the background which slows down your PC. The process is already known to cause High CPU Usage on your Windows System. This can result in Low Memory and CPU Available for other Apps thus causing your PC to Slow Down, Increased in temperature of your PC as high CPU usage requires more resource allocation and fast processing. In this article, we are going to help you to eliminate High CPU Usage caused by the Windows Module Installer Worker.
What exactly is Windows Modules Installer Worker or Tiworker.exe?
Windows Module Installer Work helps your system to check for any Available Windows Operating system update. If the update is available then it will also install the update on your PC. This tool generally runs in the background constantly checking and updating new components.
Sometimes due to heavy load, Server issue, or multiple processes running at the same time, This tool might malfunction and increase its usage on your Computer. This will result in High CPU usage on your Computer.
If you look at the task manager by clicking CTRL + ALT + Delete on your Windows system, You will notice that the Windows Module installer worker or the Tiworker.exe file is consuming most of your CPU. While running and using your CPU at its fullest, the module will try to update, add or delete old components from your system.
How to Disable/ Get rid of Windows module installer
If you are experiencing the same problem on your computer and looking for a solution to Disable it or get rid of it, then here are the steps you can follow to successfully disable the Windows module installer on Windows 10.
1. Delete SoftwareDistribution folder
On your Windows Operating System, The softwares and updates that are downloaded by the Windows module installer worker are stored in the SoftwareDistribution folder. Sometimes due to corrupt or broken code it may result in High CPU Usage as it will constantly look for any update or patch file for the broken part. One way to fix this error is by removing the softwareDistribution folder on your Computer.
Follow these steps to remove SoftwareDistribution folder from your Computer, but before that you have to stop the Windows update service interface to avoid any errors.
- Press Windows + R or click on the start bar and type Run, Open the Run dialog box.
- Type or paste services.msc and hit Enter.
- Look for Windows Update service from the list, Right-click and select the Stop option.
- Open File Explorer and go to C Drive >> Windows Folder.
- Under Windows folder, look for SoftwareDistribution Folder and Right-Click on it.
- Select the Delete option and delete the folder.
- Finally, Restart your Computer.
2. Disable Windows Automatic Update
This is another easy way to solve your High CPU Usage problem. There is a way by which you can easily disable the Windows Automatic Updates Feature. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click on the Start menu button and type Run to open the Run Dialog Box.
- Type “services.msc” and hit the Enter button.
- Under the Services option, look for Windows Module Installer service.
- Double click on the “Windows Module Installer” service and Select the “Manual” option instead of Automatic.
- Double Click on the Windows update option, Select Start type to manual and exit the program.
- Restart your Computer.
These are the ways using which you can easily get rid of Windows Module installer worker on your Windows Computer. Using these methods you can also Stop or Disable the Service or Switch it to manual.