If you are young and single, you need a health insurance policy that fits your lifestyle and in this article, we take a look at the various options you have when taking out an individual health insurance policy.
- Platinum Plus Health Insurance – You can choose from 1-30 million baht of in-patient coverage, with no limit on the number of times you claim. When you take out health insurance daily compensation for the time spent in hospital can also be included. An annual check-up can also be added to the policy, with a limit of 10,000 baht, while emergency medical evacuation is covered up to 1 million baht.
- Personal Care Plan – There is a maximum cover of 600,000 baht per claim, with no limit on the number of times you claim. You have protection against illness and injury caused by an accident and with almost 500 private hospitals included in the network, you receive the best medical care, no matter where you are.
- Opal Plan – This plan allows you to set the upper limit for in-patient and out-patient cover and you don’t need life insurance with this policy. The insurer has their very own health app and that means you can ask a qualified doctor any health question and there are health professionals on call 24/7, ready to give you the best advice on any aspect of health & well-being. Click here for information on using a loan calculator.
- Long Stay Visa Insurance – This type of policy covers you in accordance with Thai government requirements. Covid covers up to 3 million baht, plus full medical cover for sickness and injury and you can choose the limits for both in and out-patient cover. You also have round the clock bi-lingual care packages using the insurer’s app, enabling you to speak to someone in English at any time of day or night.
- Ultra Care Package – As the name suggests, this is a fully comprehensive health insurance package, with worldwide cover (excluding the US). You have a 24/7emergency medical evacuation cover that can be activated at any time, should it ever be necessary. The claims procedure is both fast and very efficient, ensuring that you have no financial problems when claiming for medical expenses.
- Extra Value Care Package – Full coverage for every stage of cancer, up to 1 million baht. Skin cancer is also covered and this policy can be purchased separately, without the need for life insurance. Premiums are tax-deductible, which is handy and you have free access to the health app when you can seek advice from a medical professional about any aspect of your health.
When looking for health insurance, you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home; simply search with Google and start browsing the insurance provider’s websites, looking for the best policy and the lowest premiums. If you are planning to visit Thailand as a tourist, you will need to purchase compulsory insurance to cover your stay and that can all be arranged online.