When trying to send email using Gmail or Outlook, have you ever noticed the weird footer message which says “This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.” well this is a common thing for people who use avast antivirus on their System. In this article we are going to help you disable the Avast Email signature message in Gmail and other Email services.
Avast is one of the best antivirus software that is currently available. Avast offers its services for free as well as various paid plans. Avast is known for helping people to block various viruses and threats that would otherwise harm their computer. However, Avast security covers the security of the whole Computer which also includes browser and email security.
You might know that there are many scams and spyware that are sent through email and by protecting your browser the Avast security app makes sure that you are safe from any malware or spyware attack. Similarly, when you send an email to someone, the Avast security app will look for any suspicion item or attachment in your email and will try to notify the user that the Email is already scanned and secure.
How to Remove Avast Email Signature
Avast email signature helps the receiver of your email to understand that it is a secure email that is scanned by the Avast antivirus. If you want to disable this feature then follow these steps.
- Right-click on the Avast icon in the Taskbar and select the “Open Avast user interface” option.
- Locate the gear icon at the top-right corner of the Avast Antivirus screen and select it.
- Under the “General” settings option, disable the “Enable Avast email signature” option.
- Exit the Avast App and restart your computer.
That’s it! Now you have successfully removed avast antivirus Email signature from your Emails. Now try sending email and see if the signature is removed.
If you are not able to find the above mentioned options in your Avast Software, then that is because you are using an older version of the Avast Antivirus App. You can either Update your Antivirus to the latest version and then perform the above given steps or you can also follow the below mentioned steps and Disable the Avast email Signature for Gmail on the older version of Avast Antivirus.
Here are the steps to follow,
- Open the Avast antivirus app on your PC.
- Go to the Settings tab and click on the Active Protection option.
- Look for the “Mail Shield option” and click on the Customize option next to it.
- Click on the Behavior tab.
- Finally, uncheck the box which says “Insert note into clean message (outgoing)” and exit the application.
- Restart your Computer.
That’s it! these are the steps to successfully remove Avast antivirus Signature from your Email. If you have any questions or find it difficult to understand the mentioned steps then feel free to ask them in the comment section below.